This is the top-level entry point of the documentation bundle for the JCas
server. JCas implements the CAS/1.0
specification. Have a look at the CAS
Introduction to find out how CAS works.
Select one of the links from the navigation menu (to the left) to drill down
to the more detailed documentation that is available. Each available manual is
described in more detail below.
JCas User Guide
The following documents will assist you in downloading, installing JCas, and using many
of the JCas features.
- Intro - A brief, high-level overview of JCas
- Setup - How to install and run JCas on a variety of platforms
- First CAS server - An introduction to the concepts of a
CAS application as defined in the CAS specification. Covers basic concepts
of JDBC and JAAS based authorization.
- Access Control - Description of how to configure
control mechanism that prevent unauthorized use of JCas services.
- JDBC Database Authorization - Configuring a JDBC
source that authorizes users. Examples for a few popular databases.
- JAAS User Authorization - Configuring a JAAS authorization
module. Examples for a few standard JAAS modules available.
- SSL - Installing and configuring SSL support so that
your JCas will serve requests using SSL encryption.
The following documents are aimed at System Administrators who are responsible for
installing, configuring, and operating a JCas server.
- Release Notes - Known issues in this JCas release
- JCas Configuration - Reference manual that documents all
elements and attributes that may be placed into JCas XML configuration file.
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Question about JCas.
- Help Forum -
Discussion Forum from Sourceforge.net. Place any questions here if you cannot
find your answer anywhere else.
The following documents are for Java developers who wish to contribute to the development of
the JCas project.
- API Javadocs - Javadoc API documentation of the JCas
- CAS Specification - Official
specification of CAS protocol.